Well, I've finally done it... I've given in and created a blog for our family. I always seem to be walking around the ranch with a camera and have so many pictures that could easily be shared, so I think it's about time I put them somewhere where friends and loved ones can see them. Unfortunately, I never seem to be able to get pictures of Greg, Dani, and I all in one shot... and don't think it's Dani that is uncooperative. Her father HATES standing for posed pictures. I'll just have to hire someone to follow us around one of these days and try to catch us all in one shot. :)
We are all so very happy to be living here on the 71 Ranch, near Elko, NV. The 71 is a very large commercial cattle operation that has been running since the late 1890's. All of our herd runs on 100% deeded land- which is not a common thing among ranches these days. It comprises of some 38,000 acres (about 59 square miles) nestled in and at the base of the Ruby Mountains. It is absolutely beautiful here and the lifestyle is one that cannot be compared.
3 years ago, the 71 started allowing small groups of guests to come and participate in the ranching experience. Greg and I are the managers over the guest operations and really enjoy taking people out with us to work and educating them on the in's and out's of the beef industry. There are very few places out there that offer an authentic "cowboy" experience such as this, so word of mouth and good marketing are quickly making us a very desirable ranching vacation. We truly see nothing but immense amounts of growth over the next couple of years.
The best part of living & working where we do is that Greg, Dani, and I are able to be together most every day. My ability to work where I live and be able to be a "stay-at-home" mom has been an absolute dream-come-true for our family. It has been so important to us to be working together as a family and we hope that it always helps us to remain close despite the world's constant attempts to tear at the absolute heart of our civilization.
Ho ho ho!
1 year ago
No comments:
Post a Comment