Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Trip to Utah

A few weeks ago the family and I had a chance to head back to Utah to visit.  For the first time in, I think, 5 years, all of Greg's siblings were coming to town and we did not want to miss out on the fun.  Greg's brother, Keith, and his family are getting ready to move to Georgia; his brother, Jeff, and his family live in Moscow, Russia; his brother, Gordon, and his family live in Honeyville, UT; his sister, Julie, and her family live in Houston, TX; and his sister, Rachel, and her family live in Silver City, NM.... needless to say, the family is spread a far distance apart and to come together at one time is a gigantic feat!  During that time, we managed to get family pictures, bless a baby, shoot a few pigeons, eat a plethora of wonderful food, and break Greg's dad's ankle during the roller skating night.  Here are a few pics from the weekend.


Dani & her very close cousin, Eliza.  Eliza is moving to GA, so the girls spent every moment they could together.

Matthew's cousin, Jonah, helping him roast his hot dog.

My little nephew, Andrew.  He loved laying in that box for some reason!

Our new nephew, Max

Greg's sister, Julie, and her husband, Curt

Matthew and his Grandpa Jon

Greg's brother, Jeff, and his wife Emily.  They were visiting from Moscow, Russia.

Our niece, Emma, and little Andrew

Our brother-in-law, Morgan, and his son, Jonathan

Dani & Matthew playing with cousins on the tramp with the sprinkler on

I love how they're all just chilling here and Matthew is trying to copy.


After the first weekend, Greg headed back to Nevada as the ranch was getting ready to ship out heifers, so I stayed for an extra week to let the kids have more time with cousins and then head to Raspberry Days in Bear Lake for my family's reunion.

Dani & her 2nd cousins, Vanessa & Hannah

I don't know why I think this picture is so funny.  My youngest brother, Harrison and my next younger brother, Mike.

Playing Wits & Wagers... the Mormon fix for gambling, I guess. ;) 
My brother, Mike, and his wife, Brit.  She will probably kill me for posting this, but I think she is such a cute pregnant lady!

My brother, Mason, and his wife, Teri.... in typical posing fashion.

Such a beautiful weekend on the lake!  My dad in the foreground and my mom pushing Dani & Matt around on the tube in front of the boat.


I love listening to little girls and their cute conversations.  These two were so cute together.

Dani & Matthew actually both rode the tube behind the boat w/ Mom for the first time and I forgot my camera to document the memorable occasion. :(  


2 comments:

Jenni Call said...

Hooray for fun family vacations! Glad you were able to play with both sides of your family this summer. I cannot believe Dani's school schedule. I am tired just thinking about it. I think you are pretty close to my Wadsworth cousin who owns (?) the old CS ranch about 25 miles from Winnemucca. Hope you are doing well!

The Haley Family said...

what a great vacation!! And to see ALL of both families! And pregnant bellies, so fun! SO great talking today, miss yoU!