| Greg on ground squirrel abatement duty. |
| King |
| Callie... the best mouse, pack rat, ground squirrel, bird, and bunny abatement tool ever. |
| Smudge... the 2nd best rodent abatement tool ever. |
With each new adventure, my heart always feels excitement about what is to come, but such a strong part of me has a hard time letting go of the things we are to leave behind. The hardest thing to leave, being the extremely caring and wonderful friends we have made here. Among moments of tribulation, it is always so touching when friends just come out of the woodwork and bless your life in ways you initially couldn't have imagined. How grateful I am that I have a Father in Heaven who is so mindful of my needs and has put people in my path who have brought so much happiness & fulfillment to my life. My dear friends, you know who you are and I will miss you! Goodbye, I will not say.... rather Until We Meet Again.
So on to Nevada... a place where I left a piece of my heart when we left before. The lyrics of a young buckaroo songwriter express it well.
Looking back over my shoulder
I can see Elko drifting out of sight
The Rubies are rising up, heaven above
And all I can think of is
I'm leaving Nevada, I'm leaving my home
One day I'll come back one day I'll return
Never to roam
Old signs , beat up trucks ,and my heart breaking down
I wish I could lift it up as high as that old hay flies
This dang truck's taking me away from where I belong
But then to come back.... oh you know it won't take long
But for tonight..
I'm leaving Nevada, I'm leaving my home
One day I'll come back on day I'll return
Never to roam
Stretchin out in front of me is Nevada's sagebrush sea
And time won't change it but the world might
But us buckaroos won't die in Nevada
I'm back in Nevada, back in my home
One day has come and I've returned
Never to roam from Nevada... from my home.
5 comments:
I am so excited to hear about your new adventure and happy that you are going back to a place you love!! We will visit you very soon!! Miss you and love you so much!!
You are a great writer, I always feel of your testimony and love when I read your posts.
Glad for this testiment of the love our Father has for you, to know that he knows and loves each of us enough to grow and feel of his love. The clouds have parted, the sun is peaking thru, you are on to another great adventure.
We love you and your little family so much. We will continue to pray for strength and safety for your family.
Hugs!
Good Luck on your upcoming move!
That scenery from your home is breathtaking. My heart aches for the past but hope that you will be happy and successful in Nevada.
Gorgeous pictures, Maleia. Your title says it all - on to new adventures. I'm excited for you and pray that the move goes smoothly. Congratulations on all of it! Your strength and endurance are inspiring, thank you for sharing them with us!!!
Post a Comment