Saturday, May 21, 2011

We're In The Thick Of It!

Well, with the extremely wet spring, branding has gotten off to a late start here in our area.  Luckily for us, we are now in the thick of the season!!  For those of you not familiar with the way a branding works, there are many jobs assigned to those working.  I truly am just happy being there helping and am happy to do any job that needs to be done, but my favorite two jobs are roping (of course) and then if I'm on the ground, I love to mug calves.  If you ask my daughter, however, she will tell you all about her job...






Yes... if you ask her, she will say, "My job is to get the nuts and put them in the bucket!"  Then she's always proud to show me... the bloody hands. 


Nothing like giving our kids a strong stomach at a young age!!!


Here are a few I also took of the handsome cowboy (please note he's on my horse & rig... not riding pink OR an Appaloosa by choice)...





Dang horse got in the way of that awesome shot.





Ahhhh... good times.

3 comments:

The Haley Family said...

awesome!!! How does that cowboy of yours forget his saddle? :) I love Dani's job!!

Jenni Call said...

Ahh NUTZ! Dani is the most amazing little girl. Her personality shines through all. Never a dull moment. Miss you all like crazy. It was lovely to chat the other day.

Her Royal Highness said...

LOVE the photos! Oh how I miss you guys. :)