I just came across this link a friend of mine posted on Facebook today. I was so happy to have found it, as it certainly coincides with my beliefs on feminism, and can be served as a continuation to my last post about family. Thought I would share with all of you.... it's well worth the read for those of you who struggle with this topic in one way or another.
My favorite quotation from this post is by Patricia Holland:
…If I were Satan and wanted to destroy a society, I think I would stage a full- blown blitz on women. I would keep them so distraught and distracted that they would never find the calming strength and serenity for which their sex has always been known…Satan has effectively done that, catching us in the crunch of trying to be superhuman instead of striving to reach our unique, God-given potential within such diversity…We can become so sidetracked in our compulsive search for identity and self-esteem that we really believe it can be found in having perfect figures or academic degrees or professional status or even absolute motherly success. Yet, in so searching externally, we can be torn from our true internal, eternal selves…
This is certainly the type of feminist I am.
http://womeninthescriptures.blogspot.com/2011/03/this-is-type-of-feminist-i-am.html
Ho ho ho!
1 year ago
3 comments:
love this. thank you!
Maleia,
I just love the way this Blogger expresses herself. I totally felt the same way she did, and I can see you do too. We are too important as women to see it any other way! Glad you enjoyed the post.
Love it. All of it! Thank you for sharing and helping me to remember what is important!!!
Post a Comment