Thursday, December 30, 2010

Happy 2nd Birthday, My Matthew!

I would like to dedicate this post to the little man who entered my life and stole my heart two years ago today.  After feeling so blessed to have my Danielle after years of wondering if I would ever be a mother, my heart was so full when the Lord saw fit to bless me also with my little boy.  There is a part of my patriarchal blessing that prophetically states that the years I spend rearing my children on this earth will be the happiest of my life.  I can easily attest to the truthfulness of this statement, even just in these first few.  Having this little man and his sister in my life has seemed to give me a glimpse of understanding as to the love our Heavenly Father has for each of us, a love which is all-encompassing and eternal.    I cannot help but reflect on these past two years, as well as the 9 months of anticipation previous and not experience extreme feelings of tenderness and nostalgia... as I can see these early years have and are passing so quickly.   Already Matthew has become so independent and hungry to experience life and I can see the moments of clinging to mom for consolation & comfort  becoming a little less frequent.  I've seen a transition from being the so-called "momma's boy" to becoming his father's little shadow, already showing such an apparent desire to become a little man and walk in Greg's footsteps.  What a marvelous transition that is for a little boy, but oh how it makes me wish I could just stop time in it's tracks for a little while as I cling to his dependence on me and have him hold tight for just a little longer.  Nevertheless, I also feel feelings of excitement as time allows me to see his development, which certainly is so evident in this stage in his life. 

5 months pregnant

Dani and Matthew finally meet
One day old

All 5 boy cousins born within 5 weeks and little girl born a few months later
7 mos.

First day at the beach




Happy Birthday, our little boy!  You are such an incredible gift in our life and we are so grateful to celebrate this day with you!                

6 comments:

The Haley Family said...

Happy Birthday Matthew! You are such a sweatheart and we love you!

Jenni Call said...

Happy Birthday little man! You are one handsome dude! Now just grow some facial hair like dad and all the ladies will swoon! LOL

Her Royal Highness said...

Happy birthday to matthew! Grand Duchess is sitting here pointing at his picture saying, "Matthew!"
He is one cool (and handsome) cowboy!

It all began here said...

What a sweet little boy you have. Time goes by quickly. Cherish every moment you have with Dani and Matthew.

The pictures are wonderful!

Cheri said...

Happy Birthday Matthew! You're a handsome little boy!

Titus Fam said...

Happy Birthday Big Man!!!! We love you.