"1 Verily, thus saith the Lord unto you my servants, concerning the aparable of the bwheat and of the tares:
3 And after they have fallen asleep the great persecutor of the church, the apostate, the awhore, even bBabylon, that maketh all nations to drink of her cup, in whose hearts the enemy, even Satan, sitteth to reign—behold he soweth the ctares; wherefore, the tares choke the wheat and drive the dchurch into the wilderness.
4 But behold, in the alast days, even now while the Lord is beginning to bring forth the word, and the blade is springing up and is yet tender—
6 But the Lord saith unto them, pluck not up the tares while the blade is yet tender (for verily your faith is weak), lest you destroy the wheat also.
7 Therefore, let the wheat and the atares grow together until the harvest is fully ripe; then ye shall first gather out the wheat from among the tares, and after the gathering of the wheat, behold and lo, the tares are bound in bundles, and the field remaineth to be bburned."
It is not difficult to see the sifting taking place... sifting within our nation, sifting within our communities, sifting within our social circles, and- the most heartbreaking of all- sifting within our own families. I have come to realize that present moral/political issues are becoming the key to Satan's success at grasping the very elect.... a world in which wickedness truly does appear to be goodness, and goodness appears to be wickedness.
D&C 45:26 "And in athat day shall be heard of bwars and rumors of wars, and the whole earth shall be in commotion, and men’s hearts shall cfail them..."
How am I to be sure that MY heart, my faith, my testimony, and my knowledge of TRUTH does not fail? I came across one answer in my D&C studies a couple days ago and felt it's weight like a ton of bricks...
54 And your aminds in times past have been bdarkened because of cunbelief, and because you have treated dlightly the things you have received—
58 That they may bring forth afruit meet for their Father’s kingdom; otherwise there remaineth a bscourge and judgment to be poured out upon the children of Zion.
Funny, the day after I read this passage of scripture, I came across a blog posting of a member of one of my former wards. She is an institute teacher in southern California and I browse her blog occasionally, as she has posted some very thought provoking entries. Please take a couple moments to click and read this link.
How often do we as members of the church treat lightly the things which we have received? I will answer for myself-- ALL TOO OFTEN. It is no wonder that this condemnation rests upon ALL of us as members of the church until we prove ourselves worthy to be freed from such. For this, I must ask for my Heavenly Father's forgiveness and rededicate myself to a lifetime of devout study of the Book of Mormon- the KEYSTONE of our religion. Not only rededicating myself to understanding it's messages, but applying it's taught principles in my life. How can we possibly seek for further light and knowledge if we do not truly understand that which the Lord has already given to us????? I know that this powerful book is a key to clarity, a key to faith, a key to our knowledge of truth. It's influence in my life is clearly apparent when I study it regularly. And as an answer to my question over these past couple weeks, the compass which is the Book of Mormon in addition to our close daily communication with our Father in Heaven is what helps the Holy Ghost enable us to understand TRUTH and recognize and sustain it when it comes from the mouths of prophets and apostles.... because we KNOW and RECOGNIZE they are from God.
5 comments:
YES, YES, YES! You are so eloquent in your writing and say it perfectly! As always...I LOVE hearing your insight on all gospel topics! Your perspective and answers from the scriptures are perfect. I wish we could "discuss" this as we have in the past, those were some of the best memories!
Well said, my friend!
Spot on. Conference and recent events continue to sift us all. Well said and written!
I am so uplifted by your evident testimony! You have a way of stating what I wish I could but can never seem to find the words for? Well said! Thank you for sharing.
Maleia!!!
Oh my gosh..how are you! What a wonderful pleasant surprise to have seen your comment on my blog...so glad you found it. How are things...it looks like you are "in your element" horses and all! What a beautiful family you have...I can't believe how fast time flies! Your kids are absolutely adorable! I will definitely tell my parents hello from you guys! Tell the hubby hi from us as well!
thankyou so so much for sharing this, you have truly uplifted my day! thanks
Post a Comment