Monday, September 13, 2010

Moving!!!

The past couple weeks have been full of a great deal of emotion for me.  We had been anticipating our move for a couple months, but the day came so quickly and the goodbyes to dear friends were more heart-wrenching than I could have imagined.  The tears just would not stop flowing as we drove away for the last time, knowing of the likely possibility that I may never see many of these marvelous people for many years, if not for the rest of my life. 

I then felt an immense sense of grattitude for the blessings of the bonding ties of the Gospel.  Through it, I have an eternal connection and friendship with each of these good brothers and sisters.  My time in this particular part of the Lord's vineyard has been a miracle to witness!!  Anyone who lives there will testify to you that something very special is happening in Sidney.... many good people in and out of the church are being led to that area for reasons they cannot understand.  The growth of the church there, not only due to move-in members, but through local missionary work is increasing the numbers there in unimaginable bounds.  As I have tried to spend more time dilligently studying the Book of Mormon, the significance of these events has become so greatly evident to me.  It will be so interesting to keep tabs on this particular place as I go through my life, because I know many more miracles await this area and I will always feel so blessed to have been part of it, if even for a short while.  A testimony of many great and precious truths has been strengthened in me through this experience and I will treasure them dearly. 

A couple days before we moved, I finally decided to get on the stick and have family pictures taken.  It was not very timely, given the chaos that surrounded us in trying to get ready to move, but I am so glad everyone (Greg especially) was willing to concede.  The special thing about these pictures to me was that we had them taken by the barn at our house.  This barn is somewhere where I spent many, many hours with our horses, three of which were just sold.  These three mares have been a special part of our lives for many years and it was heartbreaking to see them go.  Nevertheless, we needed to cut down our numbers and they were the ones that were marvelously trained and very marketable.  They were quickly placed in new homes, homes which were so pleased with their level of training and kind dispositions.  I know I don't express to Greg how grateful I am for all of the work and time he puts into our horses to help them realize their potential, but I continually marvel at his abilities as a horseman.  He certainly has a very divine gift and I admire him a great deal for it.  So this barn is a remembrance of that precious time with these horses, our family, and dear friends.  My good friend, Jenni Call, is a talented photographer and was willing to undertake the task of trying to catch a good picture (for those of you who don't know my husband, he HATES getting family pictures done... luckily he was semi-cooperative).  She did a great job and I am so grateful to her.  Here are a few of my favorites....













  Please see Jenni's website for other great pictures she has taken..... http://www.applegreenphotography.blogspot.com/





6 comments:

The Haley Family said...

I LOVE the pictures Jenni took!!! Your time in Sidney was so special and I know you'll keep in touch with so many! Your family is amazing and touched our lives so deeply, more deeply than you'll ever know. I can't wait to see you again!

I'm working on our Mt. Rushmore post today...hopefully!

Miss you!

Rachel Titus Parrish said...

Wonderful pictures! I am so glad you put them up. I really wish we could have seen you guys before you moved. Morgan and I were talking yesterday about how much we miss you all. I hope your move goes well and that you can get settled in easily.

Jenni Call said...

WOW! You guys are amazing. I miss you very, very much. I can't wait to read about your new adventures. Thanks for letting me torture Greg with photos. That was "fun"!

Madison Grunig said...

Jenni does such great work and you guys are such a gorgeous family! I loved all the pictures and we miss you. You're so good to write down your testimony the way you did. You will love looking back on that someday.

Cheri said...

What amazing family pictures! You all look AMAZING! Good luck on settling in your new home and state.

Titus Fam said...

Um, WOW WOW WOW!!! What awesome pictures!!! Can I get a copy sometime? So cool.