These first pics are from the first great kick off of the summer.... our ward branding at our house. We have been taking care of our landlord's herd of cattle and helped him brand his calves. We have such an incredible ward here in Sidney with such a diverse group of people. We invited all of them to come and experience a branding and it was a complete & total hit! I think everyone had a blast- despite several being kicked and beat down by wiley calves. :) It is a day I will never forget...
The next group of pics are from a couple brandings up on the Rex Ranch in the sandhills. We have been fortunate to have a ward boundary change which brought some very great families from the ranch into our ward. It was so much fun to be invited up there to help with their brandings, where we branded approx. 1000 calves each morning before lunch...
Greg & our friend, Mitch Peters
![]() |
| My friend, Ali, and me |
One highlight to this summer has been having the opportunity to help my friend, Ali, break and train her newly acquired colt. This colt is our baby palomino, Dani Boy, who was born on the exact day of our sweet little girl. His name is now Si. We worked together for many, many hours with him in the round pen and after only a week, we were on his back. It's been a wonderful experience and I have treasured my friendship and time spent with Ali over these past couple months. Greg has been riding him at the feedlot over the past couple weeks and he is fantastic. The below picture is Ali's first ride in the pasture (out of the roundpen). She's smiling, but I know she was pretty nervous. Way to cowgirl up, Ali!
Here are a few more pics from the summer...













6 comments:
Is she ridding with my pink blanket? I guess it needs someone to use it :)
I am so happy that your going to keep up on your blog!! I can't begin to tell you how amazing you and your family are! You'll be missed so much and I have the same ache in my heart that you're leaving!
It is a highlight of my LIFE that we were able to train Si (DB) together!
Love your guts!
Nice! Looks like you figured everything out! Now you best update often so we don't miss you sooooo much! Tears are starting to sprout, best sign off
Great to see an update! Good Luck on your move!
Welcome back to the blogging world. Great pictures from the ranch! Hope your move goes well. Will you be stopping through here? We'd love to see you if you do. Give a hug to everyone for us. Love ya, Alana
I hope you can keep up on this - it will help dull the ache and pain of your sweet family leaving Sidney. We love you and will miss you! I'm so excited for you and your new adventure in a new place.
Post a Comment