We had a delightful evening full of playing children's Monopoly, eating soup in bread bowls, baking cookies for Santa, and then finishing our evening with preparations for the true meaning of the next day by reading Luke II. We then viewed the beautiful videos on www.lds.org recently made about the birth of our Savior. It was a perfect note to end our evening upon and the kids were anxious to get to sleep so that Santa would quickly come. They were asleep within minutes.
Lo and behold, Santa actually found us all the way out here in the middle of nowhere!
I have found this year that I have been especially sensitive to the true meaning of this holiday. As I have made more diligent efforts to study the scriptures and the teachings of the prophets I find myself feeling an extreme sense of urgency. I see the signs that have presented themselves and prophecies that have come to pass and know that the time of our Savior's second coming to this earth draws ever nearer. In seeing such things, I feel an ever-greater dependence on the Atonement of Jesus Christ as my imperfections seem to number the stars in the sky. I know that it is only through Him that I may be forgiven and made whole again. On this day, I am so grateful to have the opportunity to celebrate not only His birth, but His life, His Death, and His Resurrection. For all of these things were necessary that man may be able to return to live with Heavenly Father again. I know that Jesus is the Christ and that He has prepared a plan for us to receive more joy in the eternities to come than we can comprehend. Merry Christmas!
4 comments:
Ella received the exact same sewing machine!! :) What a wonderful Christmas!!!
The kids are looking beautiful! Merry Christmas to you guys! I also have been feeling much more sensitive to the true meaning of the season and I hope I brought the kids a few steps closer in that regard this year.
Merry Christmas! A sewing machine! That is super awesome. I never even thought of getting Amelia one. Maybe for her birthday. I love Matthew's Buzz Lightyear...those expressions he has are priceless. We absolutely loved the LDS.org videos too. It is awesome to think we could've watched them around the same time, states apart.
PS: Dani's freckles are awesome! She reminds me of Laura from Little House on the Prairie.
What a fun Christmas! I love Christmas and all the excitement it brings. You are so good to so often include your testimony in your posts. I love it!
Post a Comment